national industry 551114
Corporate, Subsidiary, and Regional Managing Offices
This U.S. industry comprises establishments (except government establishments) primarily engaged in administering, overseeing, and managing other establishments of the company or enterprise. These establishments normally undertake the strategic or organizational planning and decision-making role of the company or enterprise. Establishments in this industry may hold the securities of the company or enterprise.
The immediate parent of national industry 551114 is international industry 55111: Management of Companies and Enterprises
- Centralized administrative offices
- Head offices
- Corporate offices
- Holding companies that manage
- District and regional offices
- Subsidiary management offices
2017 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Government establishments primarily engaged in administering, overseeing, and managing governmental programs are classified in Sector 92, Public Administration;
- Legal entities known as bank holding companies that do not administer, oversee, and manage other establishments of the companies or enterprises whose securities they hold are classified in U.S. Industry 551111, Offices of Bank Holding Companies; and
- Legal entities known as holding companies (except bank holding) that do not administer, oversee, and manage other establishments of the companies or enterprises whose securities they hold are classified in U.S. Industry 551112, Offices of Other Holding Companies.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Mappings are not available for this combination of NAICS code and edition.
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 551114, Corporate, Subsidiary, and Regional Managing Offices:
- corporate subsidiary and regional managing office
- management of company and enterprise