national industry 551111
Offices of Bank Holding Companies
This U.S. industry comprises legal entities known as bank holding companies primarily engaged in holding the securities of (or other equity interests in) companies and enterprises for the purpose of owning a controlling interest or influencing the management decisions of these firms. The holding companies in this industry do not administer, oversee, and manage other establishments of the company or enterprise whose securities they hold.
The immediate parent of national industry 551111 is international industry 55111: Management of Companies and Enterprises
2017 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Holding the securities of (or other equity interests in) a company or enterprise and administering, overseeing, and managing establishments of the company or enterprise whose securities they hold- -are classified in U.S. Industry 551114, Corporate, Subsidiary, and Regional Managing Offices; and
- Holding the securities of depository banks and operating these entities--are classified in Industry Group 5221, Depository Credit Intermediation.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 551111, Offices of Bank Holding Companies:
- bank holding company office
- management of company and enterprise
- office not otherwise classified
- office not otherwise classified condominium office
- office not otherwise classified office
- office of bank holding co
- office of bank holding co naic
- office of bank holding company
What's the difference between HD and SD? See our methodology.