national industry 551112
Offices of Other Holding Companies
This U.S. industry comprises legal entities known as holding companies (except bank holding) primarily engaged in holding the securities of (or other equity interests in) companies and enterprises for the purpose of owning a controlling interest or influencing the management decisions of these firms. The holding companies in this industry do not administer, oversee, and manage other establishments of the company or enterprise whose securities they hold.
The immediate parent of national industry 551112 is international industry 55111: Management of Companies and Enterprises
2017 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Holding the securities of (or other equity interests in) depository banks for the purpose of owning a controlling interest or influencing the management decisions of these firms--are classified in U.S. Industry 551111, Offices of Bank Holding Companies;
- Holding the securities of (or other equity interests in) a company or enterprise and administering, overseeing, and managing establishments of the company or enterprise whose securities they hold- -are classified in U.S. Industry 551114, Corporate, Subsidiary, and Regional Managing Offices; and
- Holding the securities of companies or enterprises and operating these entities--are classified according to the business operated.
- 551112 - Agreement corporation (except international trade financing)
- 551112 - Financial holding companies
- 551112 - Holding companies (except bank, managing)
- 551112 - Insurance holding companies
- 551112 - Nonbank holding companies (except managing)
- 551112 - Personal holding companies
- 551112 - Public utility holding companies
- 551112 - Railroad holding companies
- 551112 - Savings and loan holding companies
- 551112 - Thrift holding companies
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Mappings are not available for this combination of NAICS code and edition.
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 551112, Offices of Other Holding Companies:
- caiss populaire credit union saving and loan
- credit union caiss populaire saving and loan
- holding company other than bank
- insurance co
- insurance company
- loan and saving credit union caiss populaire
- management of company and enterprise
- office of holding co not otherwise classified
- office of other holding company
- saving and loan credit union caiss populaire