Credit Intermediation and Related Activities
Industries in the Credit Intermediation and Related Activities subsector group establishments that (1) lend funds raised from depositors; (2) lend funds raised from credit market borrowing; or (3) facilitate the lending of funds or issuance of credit by engaging in such activities as mortgage and loan brokerage, clearinghouse and reserve services, and check cashing services.
The immediate parent of subsector 522 is sector 52: Finance and Insurance
- 5221 - Depository Credit Intermediation
- 52211 - Commercial Banking
- 52212 - Savings Institutions
- 52213 - Credit Unions
- 52219 - Other Depository Credit Intermediation
- 5222 - Nondepository Credit Intermediation
- 52221 - Credit Card Issuing
- 52222 - Sales Financing
- 52229 - Other Nondepository Credit Intermediation
- 5223 - Activities Related to Credit Intermediation
- 52231 - Mortgage and Nonmortgage Loan Brokers
- 52232 - Financial Transactions Processing, Reserve, and Clearinghouse Activities
- 52239 - Other Activities Related to Credit Intermediation
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
SIC Mappings are not available at the subsector level, a more specific code is required.
SIC mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
Insurance Industry Mappings
Mappings are not available at the subsector level, a more specific code is required.
Insurance industry mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
What's the difference between HD and SD? See our methodology.