national industry 522190
Other Depository Credit Intermediation
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in accepting deposits and lending funds (except commercial banking, savings institutions, and credit unions). Establishments known as industrial banks or Morris Plans and primarily engaged in accepting deposits, and private banks (i.e., unincorporated banks) are included in this industry.
The immediate parent of national industry 522190 is international industry 52219: Other Depository Credit Intermediation
2012 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Establishments primarily engaged in accepting demand and other deposits and making all types of loans are classified in Industry 522110, Commercial Banking;
- Establishments primarily engaged in accepting time deposits are classified in Industry 522120, Savings Institutions;
- Establishments primarily engaged in accepting members' share deposits in cooperatives are classified in Industry 522130, Credit Unions; and
- Establishments known as industrial banks and Morris Plans and are primarily engaged in providing nondepository credit are classified in U.S. Industry 522298, All Other Nondepository Credit Intermediation.
- 522190 - Banks, industrial (i.e., known as), depository
- 522190 - Banks, private (i.e., unincorporated)
- 522190 - Industrial banks (i.e., known as), depository
- 522190 - Morris Plans (i.e., known as), depository
- 522190 - Plans, Morris (i.e., known as), depository
- 522190 - Private banks (i.e., unincorporated)
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Mappings are not available for this combination of NAICS code and edition.
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 522190, Other Depository Credit Intermediation:
- credit intermediation and related activity
- depository credit intermediation
- depository credit intermediation naic
- finance and insurance
- other depository credit intermediation
What's the difference between HD and SD? See our methodology.