national industry 522220
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in sales financing or sales financing in combination with leasing. Sales financing establishments are primarily engaged in lending money for the purpose of providing collateralized goods through a contractual installment sales agreement, either directly from or through arrangements with dealers.
The immediate parent of national industry 522220 is international industry 52222: Sales Financing
2012 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Establishments not engaged in sales financing, but primarily engaged in providing leases for equipment and other assets are classified in Subsector 532, Rental and Leasing Services.
- 522220 - Automobile finance leasing companies
- 522220 - Automobile financing
- 522220 - Equipment finance leasing
- 522220 - Financing, sales
- 522220 - Installment sales financing
- 522220 - Leasing in combination with sales financing
- 522220 - Machinery finance leasing
- 522220 - Sales financing
- 522220 - Truck finance leasing
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 522220, Sales Financing:
- credit intermediation and related activity
- finance and insurance
- finance company
- finance company miscellaneous personal credit institution
- miscellaneous business credit institution
- miscellaneous personal credit institution finance company
- nondepository credit intermediation
- personal credit institution
- personal credit institution miscellaneous finance company
- sale financing
- sale financing naic
- short term business credit institution except agricultural
What's the difference between HD and SD? See our methodology.