A more recent edition of NAICS is available.
national industry 522291
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in making unsecured cash loans to consumers.
The immediate parent of national industry 522291 is international industry 52229: Other Nondepository Credit Intermediation
- Finance companies (i.e., unsecured cash loans) Personal credit institutions (i.e., unsecured cash loans)
- Loan companies (i.e., consumer, personal, student, small) Student loans companies
2012 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Establishments primarily engaged in:
- Accepting deposits and lending funds from these deposits:are classified in Industry Group 5221, Depository Credit Intermediation; and
- Arranging loans for others on a commission or fee basis:are classified in Industry 522310, Mortgage and Nonmortgage Loan Brokers.
- 522291 - Consumer finance companies (i.e., unsecured cash loans)
- 522291 - Consumer lending
- 522291 - Finance companies (i.e., unsecured cash loans)
- 522291 - Loan companies (i.e., consumer, personal, small, student)
- 522291 - Personal credit institutions (i.e., unsecured cash loans)
- 522291 - Personal finance companies (i.e., unsecured cash loans)
- 522291 - Small loan companies (i.e., unsecured cash loans)
- 522291 - Student loan companies
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 522291, Consumer Lending:
- consumer lending
- consumer lending naic
- credit intermediation and related activity
- finance and insurance
- finance company
- finance company miscellaneous personal credit institution
- miscellaneous personal credit institution finance company
- nondepository credit intermediation
- other nondepository credit intermediation
- personal credit institution
- personal credit institution miscellaneous finance company
What's the difference between HD and SD? See our methodology.