Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services
The Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services sector comprises establishments performing routine support activities for the day-to-day operations of other organizations. These essential activities are often undertaken in-house by establishments in many sectors of the economy. The establishments in this sector specialize in one or more of these support activities and provide these services to clients in a variety of industries and, in some cases, to households. Activities performed include: office administration, hiring and placing of personnel, document preparation and similar clerical services, solicitation, collection, security and surveillance services, cleaning, and waste disposal services.
The administrative and management activities performed by establishments in this sector are typically on a contract or fee basis. These activities may also be performed by establishments that are part of the company or enterprise. However, establishments involved in administering, overseeing, and managing other establishments of the company or enterprise are classified in Sector 55, Management of Companies and Enterprises. Establishments in Sector 55, Management of Companies and Enterprises, normally undertake the strategic and organizational planning and decision-making role of the company or enterprise. Government establishments engaged in administering, overseeing, and managing governmental programs are classified in Sector 92, Public Administration.
- 561 - Administrative and Support Services
- 5611 - Office Administrative Services
- 5612 - Facilities Support Services
- 5613 - Employment Services
- 56131 - Employment Placement Agencies and Executive Search Services
- 56132 - Temporary Help Services
- 56133 - Professional Employer Organizations
- 5614 - Business Support Services
- 56141 - Document Preparation Services
- 56142 - Telephone Call Centers
- 56143 - Business Service Centers
- 56144 - Collection Agencies
- 56145 - Credit Bureaus
- 56149 - Other Business Support Services
- 5615 - Travel Arrangement and Reservation Services
- 56151 - Travel Agencies
- 56152 - Tour Operators
- 56159 - Other Travel Arrangement and Reservation Services
- 5616 - Investigation and Security Services
- 56161 - Investigation, Guard, and Armored Car Services
- 561611 - Investigation Services
- 561612 - Security Guards and Patrol Services
- 561613 - Armored Car Services
- 56162 - Security Systems Services
- 5617 - Services to Buildings and Dwellings
- 56171 - Exterminating and Pest Control Services
- 56172 - Janitorial Services
- 56173 - Landscaping Services
- 56174 - Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Services
- 56179 - Other Services to Buildings and Dwellings
- 5619 - Other Support Services
- 562 - Waste Management and Remediation Services
- 5621 - Waste Collection
- 56211 - Waste Collection
- 5622 - Waste Treatment and Disposal
- 56221 - Waste Treatment and Disposal
- 5629 - Remediation and Other Waste Management Services
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
SIC Mappings are not available at the sector level, a more specific code is required.
SIC mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
Insurance Industry Mappings
Mappings are not available at the sector level, a more specific code is required.
Insurance industry mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.