Sporting Goods, Hobby, Musical Instrument, Book, and Miscellaneous Retailers
Industries in the Sporting Goods, Hobby, Musical Instrument, Book, and Miscellaneous Retailers subsector retail new sporting goods; new toys, games, and hobby supplies; new sewing supplies and needlework accessories; new musical instruments; new books, newspapers, magazines, and other periodicals; and other specialized lines of merchandise, such as cut flowers and floral arrangements, new office supplies and stationery, new gifts, novelty merchandise, and souvenirs, used merchandise, pets and pet supplies, art, new or used manufactured (mobile) homes, and tobacco, electronic cigarettes, and other smoking supplies.
The immediate parent of subsector 459 is sector 44-45: Retail Trade
- 4591 - Sporting Goods, Hobby, and Musical Instrument Retailers
- 45911 - Sporting Goods Retailers
- 45912 - Hobby, Toy, and Game Retailers
- 45913 - Sewing, Needlework, and Piece Goods Retailers
- 45914 - Musical Instrument and Supplies Retailers
- 4592 - Book Retailers and News Dealers
- 4593 - Florists
- 4594 - Office Supplies, Stationery, and Gift Retailers
- 45941 - Office Supplies and Stationery Retailers
- 45942 - Gift, Novelty, and Souvenir Retailers
- 4595 - Used Merchandise Retailers
- 4599 - Other Miscellaneous Retailers
- 45991 - Pet and Pet Supplies Retailers
- 45992 - Art Dealers
- 45993 - Manufactured (Mobile) Home Dealers
- 45999 - All Other Miscellaneous Retailers
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
|2002||451 453 454|
|2007||451 453 454|
|2012||451 453 454|
|2017||451 453 454|
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
SIC Mappings are not available at the subsector level, a more specific code is required.
SIC mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
Insurance Industry Mappings
Mappings are not available at the subsector level, a more specific code is required.
Insurance industry mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.