Accommodation and Food Services
The Accommodation and Food Services sector comprises establishments providing customers with lodging and/or preparing meals, snacks, and beverages for immediate consumption. The sector includes both accommodation and food services establishments because the two activities are often combined at the same establishment.
Excluded from this sector are civic and social organizations; amusement and recreation parks; theaters; and other recreation or entertainment facilities providing food and beverage services.
- 721 - Accommodation
- 7211 - Traveler Accommodation
- 72111 - Hotels (except Casino Hotels) and Motels
- 72112 - Casino Hotels
- 72119 - Other Traveler Accommodation
- 7212 - RV (Recreational Vehicle) Parks and Recreational Camps
- 72121 - RV (Recreational Vehicle) Parks and Recreational Camps
- 7213 - Rooming and Boarding Houses
- 722 - Food Services and Drinking Places
- 7223 - Special Food Services
- 72231 - Food Service Contractors
- 72232 - Caterers
- 72233 - Mobile Food Services
- 7224 - Drinking Places (Alcoholic Beverages)
- 7225 - Restaurants and Other Eating Places
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
SIC Mappings are not available at the sector level, a more specific code is required.
SIC mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
Insurance Industry Mappings
Mappings are not available at the sector level, a more specific code is required.
Insurance industry mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
What's the difference between HD and SD? See our methodology.