national industry 722320
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing single event-based food services. These establishments generally have equipment and vehicles to transport meals and snacks to events and/or prepare food at an off-premise site. Banquet halls with catering staff are included in this industry. Examples of events catered by establishments in this industry are graduation parties, wedding receptions, business or retirement luncheons, and trade shows.
The immediate parent of national industry 722320 is international industry 72232: Caterers
2012 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Establishments primarily engaged in:
- Preparing and serving meals and snacks for immediate consumption from motorized vehicles or nonmotorized carts:are classified in Industry 722330, Mobile Food Services;
- Providing food services at institutional, governmental, commercial, or industrial locations of others (e.g., airline contractors, industrial caterers) or providing food services based on contractual arrangements for a specified period of time:are classified in Industry 722310, Food Service Contractors; and
- Renting out facilities without providing catering staff:are classified in Industry 531120, Lessors of Nonresidential Buildings (except Miniwarehouses).
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 722320, Caterers:
- accommodation and food service
- banquet hall
- catering commissariat work
- catering commissariat work on and off premises excluding hot dog french fry coffee truck
- catering commissariat work on and off premises including hot dog french fry coffee truck
- catering service
- commissariat work catering
- eating place
- food service and drinking place
- restaurant caterer
- restaurant not otherwise classified
- restaurant operated by concessionaire
- restaurant operated by concessionaire cgl
- restaurant operated by concessionaire nfp
- restaurant operated by concessionaire nonprofit cgl
- restaurant premium basi shall not include board lodging or gratuity
- special food service
What's the difference between HD and SD? See our methodology.