national industry 813212
Voluntary Health Organizations
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in raising funds for health related research, such as disease (e.g., heart, cancer, diabetes) prevention, health education, and patient services.
The immediate parent of national industry 813212 is international industry 81321: Grantmaking and Giving Services
- Disease awareness fundraising organizations
- Disease research (e.g., heart, cancer) fundraising
- Health research fundraising organizations organizations
- Voluntary health organizations
2017 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Establishments primarily engaged in raising funds for a wide range of social welfare activities, such as educational, scientific, cultural, or health, are classified in U.S. Industry 813219, Other Grantmaking and Giving Services;
- Establishments primarily engaged in organizing and conducting fundraising campaigns on a contract or fee basis are classified in U.S. Industry 561499, All Other Business Support Services;
- Establishments primarily engaged in providing telemarketing services for others are classified in U.S. Industry 561422, Telemarketing Bureaus and Other Contact Centers;
- Establishments known as grantmaking foundations or charitable trusts are classified in U.S. Industry 813211, Grantmaking Foundations; and
- Establishments primarily engaged in conducting health research are classified in Industry 54171, Research and Development in the Physical, Engineering, and Life Sciences.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 813212, Voluntary Health Organizations:
- grantmaking and giving service
- grantmaking and giving service not otherwise classified
- other service except public administration
- religious grantmaking civic professional and similar organization
- social service not otherwise classified
- voluntary health organization