Religious, Grantmaking, Civic, Professional, and Similar Organizations
Industries in the Religious, Grantmaking, Civic, Professional, and Similar Organizations subsector group establishments that organize and promote religious activities; support various causes through grantmaking; advocate various social and political causes; and promote and defend the interests of their members.
The industry groups within the subsector are defined in terms of their activities, such as establishments that provide funding for specific causes or for a variety of charitable causes; establishments that advocate and actively promote causes and beliefs for the public good; and establishments that have an active membership structure to promote causes and represent the interests of their members. Establishments in this subsector may publish newsletters, books, and periodicals for distribution to their members.
The immediate parent of subsector 813 is sector 81: Other Services (except Public Administration)
- 8131 - Religious Organizations
- 8132 - Grantmaking and Giving Services
- 81321 - Grantmaking and Giving Services
- 8133 - Social Advocacy Organizations
- 81331 - Social Advocacy Organizations
- 8134 - Civic and Social Organizations
- 8139 - Business, Professional, Labor, Political, and Similar Organizations
- 81391 - Business Associations
- 81392 - Professional Organizations
- 81393 - Labor Unions and Similar Labor Organizations
- 81394 - Political Organizations
- 81399 - Other Similar Organizations (except Business, Professional, Labor, and Political Organizations)
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
SIC Mappings are not available at the subsector level, a more specific code is required.
SIC mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
Insurance Industry Mappings
Mappings are not available at the subsector level, a more specific code is required.
Insurance industry mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.