national industry 336992
Military Armored Vehicle, Tank, and Tank Component Manufacturing
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing complete military armored vehicles, combat tanks, specialized components for combat tanks, and self-propelled weapons.
The immediate parent of national industry 336992 is international industry 33699: Other Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
2017 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing nonarmored military universal carriers are classified in U.S. Industry 336112, Light Truck and Utility Vehicle Manufacturing.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 336992, Military Armored Vehicle, Tank, and Tank Component Manufacturing:
- military armored vehicle tank and tank component manufacturing
- military tank hull manufacturing or assembly
- motor vehicle and passenger car body
- other transportation equipment manufacturing
- tank and tank component
- transportation equipment manufacturing
- truck manufacturing or assembly