Industries in the Utilities subsector provide electric power, natural gas, steam supply, water supply, and sewage removal through a permanent infrastructure of lines, mains, and pipes. Establishments are grouped together based on the utility service provided and the particular system or facilities required to perform the service.
The immediate parent of subsector 221 is sector 22: Utilities
- 2211 - Electric Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution
- 22111 - Electric Power Generation
- 221111 - Hydroelectric Power Generation
- 221112 - Fossil Fuel Electric Power Generation
- 221113 - Nuclear Electric Power Generation
- 221114 - Solar Electric Power Generation
- 221115 - Wind Electric Power Generation
- 221116 - Geothermal Electric Power Generation
- 221117 - Biomass Electric Power Generation
- 221118 - Other Electric Power Generation
- 22112 - Electric Power Transmission, Control, and Distribution
- 2212 - Natural Gas Distribution
- 2213 - Water, Sewage and Other Systems
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
SIC Mappings are not available at the subsector level, a more specific code is required.
SIC mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
Insurance Industry Mappings
Mappings are not available at the subsector level, a more specific code is required.
Insurance industry mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.