industry group 2211
Electric Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution
This industry group comprises establishments primarily engaged in generating, transmitting, and/or distributing electric power. Establishments in this industry group may perform one or more of the following activities: (1) operate generation facilities that produce electric energy; (2) operate transmission systems that convey the electricity from the generation facility to the distribution system; and (3) operate distribution systems that convey electric power received from the generation facility or the transmission system to the final consumer.
The immediate parent of industry group 2211 is subsector 221: Utilities
- 22111 - Electric Power Generation
- 221111 - Hydroelectric Power Generation
- 221112 - Fossil Fuel Electric Power Generation
- 221113 - Nuclear Electric Power Generation
- 221114 - Solar Electric Power Generation
- 221115 - Wind Electric Power Generation
- 221116 - Geothermal Electric Power Generation
- 221117 - Biomass Electric Power Generation
- 221118 - Other Electric Power Generation
- 22112 - Electric Power Transmission, Control, and Distribution
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
SIC Mappings are not available at the industry group level, a more specific code is required.
SIC mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
Insurance Industry Mappings
Mappings are not available at the industry group level, a more specific code is required.
Insurance industry mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.