national industry 221320
Sewage Treatment Facilities
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating sewer systems or sewage treatment facilities that collect, treat, and dispose of waste.
The immediate parent of national industry 221320 is international industry 22132: Sewage Treatment Facilities
2017 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Operating waste treatment or disposal facilities (except sewer systems or sewage treatment facilities)--are classified in Industry 56221, Waste Treatment and Disposal;
- Pumping (i.e., cleaning) septic tanks and cesspools--are classified in U.S. Industry 562991, Septic Tank and Related Services; and
- Cleaning and rodding sewers and catch basins--are classified in U.S. Industry 562998, All Other Miscellaneous Waste Management Services.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 221320, Sewage Treatment Facilities:
- municipal sewer system existence
- municipal sewer system operation
- pipeline operation non flammable
- pipeline operation non flammable utility
- sewage disposal plant operation
- sewage disposal plant operation not otherwise classified
- sewage treatment facility
- sewage treatment plant
- sewerage system
- water sewage and other system