national industry 812191
Diet and Weight Reducing Centers
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing nonmedical services to assist clients in attaining or maintaining a desired weight. The sale of weight reduction products, such as food supplements, may be an integral component of the program. These services typically include individual or group counseling, menu and exercise planning, and weight and body measurement monitoring.
The immediate parent of national industry 812191 is international industry 81219: Other Personal Care Services
2012 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Establishments primarily engaged in:
- Operating physical fitness facilities:are classified in Industry 713940, Fitness and Recreational Sports Centers;
- Operating health resorts and spas that provide lodging:are classified in Industry 721110, Hotels (except Casino Hotels) and Motels; and
- Providing medical or surgical weight reduction:are classified in Sector 62, Health Care and Social Assistance.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 812191, Diet and Weight Reducing Centers:
- diet and weight reducing center
- diet and weight reducing center naic
- diet counselor and clinic
- diet or nutrition service
- miscellaneous personal service not otherwise classified
- other personal care service
- other service except public administration
- personal and laundry service
- personal care service
- weight counseling facility franchise