Other Services (except Public Administration)
The Other Services (except Public Administration) sector comprises establishments engaged in providing services not specifically provided for elsewhere in the classification system. Establishments in this sector are primarily engaged in activities such as equipment and machinery repairing, promoting or administering religious activities, grantmaking, advocacy, and providing drycleaning and laundry services, personal care services, death care services, pet care services, photofinishing services, temporary parking services, and dating services.
Private households that engage in employing workers on or about the premises in activities primarily concerned with the operation of the household are included in this sector.
Excluded from this sector are establishments primarily engaged in retailing new equipment and also performing repairs and general maintenance on equipment. These establishments are classified in Sector 44-45, Retail Trade.
- 811 - Repair and Maintenance
- 8111 - Automotive Repair and Maintenance
- 81111 - Automotive Mechanical and Electrical Repair and Maintenance
- 811111 - General Automotive Repair
- 811112 - Automotive Exhaust System Repair
- 811113 - Automotive Transmission Repair
- 811118 - Other Automotive Mechanical and Electrical Repair and Maintenance
- 81112 - Automotive Body, Paint, Interior, and Glass Repair
- 811121 - Automotive Body, Paint, and Interior Repair and Maintenance
- 811122 - Automotive Glass Replacement Shops
- 81119 - Other Automotive Repair and Maintenance
- 8112 - Electronic and Precision Equipment Repair and Maintenance
- 81121 - Electronic and Precision Equipment Repair and Maintenance
- 8113 - Commercial and Industrial Machinery and Equipment (except Automotive and Electronic) Repair and Maintenance
- 81131 - Commercial and Industrial Machinery and Equipment (except Automotive and Electronic) Repair and Maintenance
- 8114 - Personal and Household Goods Repair and Maintenance
- 81141 - Home and Garden Equipment and Appliance Repair and Maintenance
- 81142 - Reupholstery and Furniture Repair
- 81143 - Footwear and Leather Goods Repair
- 81149 - Other Personal and Household Goods Repair and Maintenance
- 812 - Personal and Laundry Services
- 8121 - Personal Care Services
- 81211 - Hair, Nail, and Skin Care Services
- 81219 - Other Personal Care Services
- 8122 - Death Care Services
- 81221 - Funeral Homes and Funeral Services
- 81222 - Cemeteries and Crematories
- 8123 - Drycleaning and Laundry Services
- 81231 - Coin-Operated Laundries and Drycleaners
- 81232 - Drycleaning and Laundry Services (except Coin-Operated)
- 81233 - Linen and Uniform Supply
- 8129 - Other Personal Services
- 81291 - Pet Care (except Veterinary) Services
- 81292 - Photofinishing
- 81293 - Parking Lots and Garages
- 81299 - All Other Personal Services
- 813 - Religious, Grantmaking, Civic, Professional, and Similar Organizations
- 8131 - Religious Organizations
- 8132 - Grantmaking and Giving Services
- 81321 - Grantmaking and Giving Services
- 8133 - Social Advocacy Organizations
- 81331 - Social Advocacy Organizations
- 8134 - Civic and Social Organizations
- 8139 - Business, Professional, Labor, Political, and Similar Organizations
- 81391 - Business Associations
- 81392 - Professional Organizations
- 81393 - Labor Unions and Similar Labor Organizations
- 81394 - Political Organizations
- 81399 - Other Similar Organizations (except Business, Professional, Labor, and Political Organizations)
- 814 - Private Households
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
SIC Mappings are not available at the sector level, a more specific code is required.
SIC mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
Insurance Industry Mappings
Mappings are not available at the sector level, a more specific code is required.
Insurance industry mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.