national industry 541810
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in creating advertising campaigns and placing such advertising in print and digital periodicals, newspapers, radio and television, or other media. These establishments are organized to provide a full range of services (i.e., through in-house capabilities or subcontracting), including advice, creative services, account management, production of advertising content, media planning, and buying (i.e., placing advertising).
The immediate parent of national industry 541810 is international industry 54181: Advertising Agencies
2022 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Purchasing advertising space from media outlets and reselling it directly to advertising agencies or individual companies--are classified in Industry 541830, Media Buying Agencies;
- Conceptualizing and producing artwork or graphic designs without providing other advertising agency services--are classified in Industry 541430, Graphic Design Services;
- Creating direct mail advertising campaigns--are classified in Industry 541860, Direct Mail Advertising;
- Providing marketing consulting services--are classified in U.S. Industry 541613, Marketing Consulting Services;
- Selling media time or space for media owners as independent representatives--are classified in Industry 541840, Media Representatives; and
- Providing access for clients to advertising servers and/or real-time bidding marketplaces from a central host site (except by publishers, Web search portals, and other content providers)--are classified in Industry 518210, Computing Infrastructure Providers, Data Processing, Web Hosting, and Related Services.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 541810, Advertising Agencies:
- advertising agency
- advertising and related service
- advertising and related service condominium office
- advertising and related service office
- advertising office
- advertising public relation and related service
- advertising service
- consultant advertising
- office advertising
- office advertising and related service condominium office
- office advertising and related service office
- other consulting service
- professional scientific and technical service
- professional scientific and technical service not otherwise classified naic
What's the difference between HD and SD? See our methodology.