national industry 926140
Regulation of Agricultural Marketing and Commodities
This industry comprises government establishments primarily engaged in the planning, administration, and coordination of agricultural programs for production, marketing, and utilization, including educational and promotional activities. Included in this industry are government establishments responsible for regulating and controlling the grading and inspection of food, plants, animals, and other agricultural products.
The immediate parent of national industry 926140 is international industry 92614: Regulation of Agricultural Marketing and Commodities
2017 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Government establishments primarily engaged in--
- Administering programs for developing economic data about agriculture and trade in agricultural products--are classified in Industry 926110, Administration of General Economic Programs;
- Administering programs for the conservation of natural resources--are classified in Industry Group 9241, Administration of Environmental Quality Programs; and
- Administering food stamp programs--are classified in Industry 923130, Administration of Human Resource Programs (except Education, Public Health, and Veterans' Affairs Programs).
- 926140 - Agricultural cooperative extension program administration
- 926140 - Agricultural marketing services government
- 926140 - Agricultural pest and weed regulation, government
- 926140 - Agriculture fair boards administration
- 926140 - Animal quarantine service, government
- 926140 - Food inspection agencies
- 926140 - Pest control programs, agriculture, government
- 926140 - Regulation and inspection of agricultural products
- 926140 - Weed control, agriculture, government
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 926140, Regulation of Agricultural Marketing and Commodities:
- administration of economic program
- municipal not otherwise classified population
- municipal state or public agency all other not otherwise classified including laborer mechanic and storekeeper ca
- municipality not otherwise classified population
- public administration
- regulation of agricultural marketing and commodity
What's the difference between HD and SD? See our methodology.