national industry 713110
Amusement and Theme Parks
This industry comprises establishments, known as amusement or theme parks, primarily engaged in operating a variety of attractions, such as mechanical rides, water rides, games, shows, theme exhibits, refreshment stands, and picnic grounds. These establishments may lease space to others on a concession basis.
The immediate parent of national industry 713110 is international industry 71311: Amusement and Theme Parks
2017 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Operating mechanical or water rides on a concession basis in amusement parks, fairs, and carnivals or operating a single attraction, such as a waterslide--are classified in Industry 713990, All Other Amusement and Recreation Industries;
- Operating refreshment stands on a concession basis--are classified in Industry 72251, Restaurants and Other Eating Places;
- Supplying and servicing coin-operated amusement (except gambling) devices in places of business operated by others--are classified in Industry 713990, All Other Amusement and Recreation Industries;
- Supplying and servicing coin-operated gambling devices (e.g., slot machines or video gambling terminals) in places of business operated by others--are classified in Industry 713290, Other Gambling Industries; and
- Organizing, promoting, and/or managing events, such as carnivals and fairs, with or without facilities--are classified in Industry Group 7113, Promoters of Performing Arts, Sports, and Similar Events.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 713110, Amusement and Theme Parks:
- amusement and theme park
- amusement device not coin operated
- amusement gambling and recreation industry
- amusement park
- amusement park and arcade
- amusement park or exhibition operation
- amusement park playground not amusement device
- art entertainment and recreation
- playground amusement park not amusement device
- waterslide 20 foot and under in height owned and operated by insured program eligible
- waterslide not otherwise classified
What's the difference between HD and SD? See our methodology.