international industry 54151
Computer Systems Design and Related Services
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing expertise in the field of information technologies through one or more of the following activities: (1) writing, modifying, testing, and supporting software to meet the needs of a particular customer; (2) planning and designing computer systems that integrate computer hardware, software, and communication technologies; (3) on-site management and operation of clients' computer systems and/or data processing facilities; and (4) other professional and technical computer-related advice and services.
The immediate parent of international industry 54151 is industry group 5415: Computer Systems Design and Related Services
- Computer facilities management services Custom computer programming services
- Computer hardware or software consulting services Software installation services
- Computer systems integration design services
2012 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Establishments primarily engaged in:
- Selling computer hardware or software products from retail-like locations and providing supporting services, such as customized assembly of personal computers:are classified in Industry 44314, Electronics and Appliance Stores;
- Merchant wholesaling computer hardware or software products and providing supporting services, such as customized assembly of personal computers:are classified in Industry 42343, Computer and Computer Peripheral Equipment and Software Merchant Wholesalers;
- Publishing packaged software:are classified in Industry 51121, Software Publishers; and
- Providing computer data processing services at their own facility for others:are classified in Industry 51821, Data Processing, Hosting, and Related Services.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
SIC Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
SIC mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
Insurance Industry Mappings
Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
Insurance industry mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.