national industry 541120
Offices of Notaries
This industry comprises establishments (except offices of lawyers and attorneys) primarily engaged in drafting, approving, and executing legal documents, such as real estate transactions, wills, and contracts; and in receiving, indexing, and storing such documents.
The immediate parent of national industry 541120 is international industry 54112: Offices of Notaries
2012 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Establishments of lawyers and attorneys primarily engaged in the practice of law are classified in Industry 541110, Offices of Lawyers; and
- Establishments of notaries public engaged in activities, such as administering oaths and taking affidavits and depositions, witnessing and certifying signatures on documents, but not empowered to draw and approve legal documents and contracts, are classified in U.S. Industry 541199, All Other Legal Services.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 541120, Offices of Notaries:
- legal service
- notary office
- notary quebec public notary
- office of notary
- office of notary naic
- professional scientific and technical service
- professional scientific and technical service not otherwise classified naic
- public notary notary qu bec