national industry 525190
Other Insurance Funds
This industry comprises legal entities (i.e., funds (except pension, and health- and welfare-related employee benefit funds)) organized to provide insurance exclusively for the sponsor, firm, or its employees or members. Self- insurance funds (except employee benefit funds) and workers' compensation insurance funds are included in this industry.
The immediate parent of national industry 525190 is international industry 52519: Other Insurance Funds
2012 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Legal entities (i.e., funds, plans, and/or programs) organized to provide retirement income benefits exclusively for the sponsor's employees or members are classified in Industry 525110, Pension Funds;
- Legal entities (i.e., funds, plans, and/or programs) organized to provide health- and welfare-related employee benefits exclusively for the sponsor's employees or members are classified in Industry 525120, Health and Welfare Funds;
- Establishments primarily engaged in managing portfolios of insurance funds are classified in Industry 523920, Portfolio Management;
- Establishments primarily engaged in third party claims administration of insurance, and other employee benefit funds are classified in U.S. Industry 524292, Third Party Administration of Insurance and Pension Funds; and
- Establishments primarily engaged in providing insurance on a fee or contract basis are classified in Industry Group 5241, Insurance Carriers.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 525190, Other Insurance Funds:
- finance and insurance
- fire marine and casualty insurance
- fund trust and other financial vehicle
- insurance and employee benefit fund
- insurance co
- insurance company
- insurance fund not otherwise classified
- insurance fund not otherwise classified naic
- other insurance fund
What's the difference between HD and SD? See our methodology.