A more recent edition of NAICS is available.
national industry 525110
This industry comprises legal entities (i.e., funds, plans, and/or programs) organized to provide retirement income benefits exclusively for the sponsor's employees or members.
The immediate parent of national industry 525110 is international industry 52511: Pension Funds
- Employee benefit plans Retirement plans Pension funds and plans
2012 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Establishments primarily engaged in:
- Managing portfolios of pension funds:are classified in Industry 523920, Portfolio Management; and
- Initially underwriting annuities:are classified in U.S. Industry 524113, Direct Life Insurance Carriers.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 525110, Pension Funds:
- finance and insurance
- fund trust and other financial vehicle
- insurance and employee benefit fund
- pension fund
- pension fund naic
- pension health and welfare fund
- pension health and welfare plan labor union
- pension health and welfare plan other than labor union
- pension welfare retirement benefit fund for labour union
- pension welfare retirement benefit fund labour union
- pension welfare retirement benefit fund not for labour union
- pension welfare retirement benefit fund not labour union
- retirement pension welfare benefit fund labour union
- retirement pension welfare benefit fund not labour union
- welfare pension retirement benefit fund labour union
- welfare pension retirement benefit fund not labour union
What's the difference between HD and SD? See our methodology.