international industry 45399
All Other Miscellaneous Store Retailers
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing specialized lines of merchandise (except motor vehicle and parts dealers; furniture and home furnishings stores; electronics and appliance stores; building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers; food and beverage stores; health and personal care stores; gasoline stations; clothing and clothing accessories stores; sporting goods, hobby, book, and music stores; general merchandise stores; florists; office supplies, stationery and gift stores; used merchandise stores; pet and pet supplies stores; art dealers; and manufactured home (i.e., mobile home) dealers). This industry also includes establishments primarily engaged in retailing a general line of new and used merchandise on an auction basis (except electronic auctions).
The immediate parent of international industry 45399 is industry group 4539: Other Miscellaneous Store Retailers
- Art supply stores
- Swimming pool supply stores, new
- Cemetery memorial (e.g., markers, headstones, vaults) dealers Tobacco stores
- Cigar stores
2012 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Establishments primarily engaged in:
- Retailing merchandise via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale:are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Auctioning on the location of others as independent auctioneers:are classified in Industry 56199, All Other Support Services;
- Retailing pets and pet supplies:are classified in Industry 45391, Pet and Pet Supplies Stores;
- Retailing original and limited edition art works:are classified in Industry 45392, Art Dealers;
- Retailing manufactured homes (i.e., mobile homes):are classified in Industry 45393, Manufactured (Mobile) Home Dealers;
- Retailing new books:are classified in Industry 45121, Book Stores and News Dealers;
- Retailing new jewelry (except costume jewelry):are classified in Industry 44831, Jewelry Stores;
- Retailing new costume jewelry:are classified in Industry 44815, Clothing Accessories Stores;
- Operating pawnshops:are classified in Industry 52229, Other Nondepository Credit Intermediation; and
- Retailing used merchandise (except automobiles, RVs, mobile homes, motorcycles, boats, motor vehicle parts, tires, aircraft, snowmobiles, and utility trailers):are classified in Industry 45331, Used Merchandise Stores.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
SIC Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
SIC mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
Insurance Industry Mappings
Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
Insurance industry mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.