international industry 33451
Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical, and Control Instruments Manufacturing
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing navigational, measuring, electromedical, and control instruments. Examples of products made by these establishments are aeronautical instruments, appliance regulators and controls (except switches), laboratory analytical instruments, navigation and guidance systems, and physical properties testing equipment.
The immediate parent of international industry 33451 is industry group 3345: Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical, and Control Instruments Manufacturing
2012 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Establishments primarily engaged in:
- Manufacturing global positioning system (GPS) equipment:are classified in Industry 33422, Radio and Television Broadcasting and Wireless Communications Equipment Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing motor control switches and relays (including timing relays):are classified in Industry 33531, Electrical Equipment Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing switches for appliances:are classified in Industry 33593, Wiring Device Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing optical instruments:are classified in Industry 33331, Commercial and Service Industry Machinery Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing glass watch and clock crystals:are classified in Industry 32721, Glass and Glass Product Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing plastics watch and clock crystals:are classified in Industry 32619, Other Plastics Product Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing medical thermometers and other nonelectrical medical apparatus:are classified in Industry Group 3391, Medical Equipment and Supplies Manufacturing.
- 334510 - Electromedical and Electrotherapeutic Apparatus Manufacturing
- 334511 - Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical, and Nautical System and Instrument Manufacturing
- 334512 - Automatic Environmental Control Manufacturing for Residential, Commercial, and Appliance Use
- 334513 - Instruments and Related Products Manufacturing for Measuring, Displaying, and Controlling Industrial Process Variables
- 334514 - Totalizing Fluid Meter and Counting Device Manufacturing
- 334515 - Instrument Manufacturing for Measuring and Testing Electricity and Electrical Signals
- 334516 - Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing
- 334517 - Irradiation Apparatus Manufacturing
- 334519 - Other Measuring and Controlling Device Manufacturing
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
SIC Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
SIC mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
Insurance Industry Mappings
Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
Insurance industry mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
What's the difference between HD and SD? See our methodology.