national industry 115310
Support Activities for Forestry
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in performing particular support activities related to timber production, wood technology, forestry economics and marketing, and forest protection. These establishments may provide support activities for forestry, such as estimating timber, forest firefighting, forest pest control, and consulting on wood attributes and reforestation.
The immediate parent of national industry 115310 is international industry 11531: Support Activities for Forestry
2012 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Establishments primarily engaged in the public administration and conservation of forest lands are classified in Industry 924120, Administration of Conservation Programs.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 115310, Support Activities for Forestry:
- agriculture forestry fishing and hunting
- aviation aerial application seeding herding or scintillometer surveying flying crew
- aviation aerial firefighting flying crew
- consultant forestry
- farm tree planting reforestation
- fire patrol forest
- forest engineer
- forest or wildland firefighting volunteer
- forestry service
- machinery operation for other
- support activity for agriculture and forestry
- support activity for forestry
- surveyor timber cruiser oil or gas geologist or scout
- tree planting reforestation