international industry 48511
Urban Transit Systems
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating local and suburban passenger transit systems over regular routes and on regular schedules within a metropolitan area and its adjacent nonurban areas. Such transportation systems involve the use of one or more modes of transport including light rail, commuter rail, subways, and streetcars, as well as buses and other motor vehicles.
The immediate parent of international industry 48511 is industry group 4851: Urban Transit Systems
2022 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Providing scenic and sightseeing transportation on land--are classified in Industry 48711, Scenic and Sightseeing Transportation, Land;
- Providing support services to transit and ground transportation--are classified in Industry Group 4884, Support Activities for Road Transportation;
- Providing interurban and rural bus transportation--are classified in Industry 48521, Interurban and Rural Bus Transportation;
- Providing bus transportation for students and employees--are classified in Industry 48541, School and Employee Bus Transportation; and
- Providing bus shuttle services (except school and employee bus)--are classified in Industry 48599, Other Transit and Ground Passenger Transportation.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
SIC Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
SIC mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
Insurance Industry Mappings
Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
Insurance industry mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
What's the difference between HD and SD? See our methodology.