international industry 21232
Sand, Gravel, Clay, and Ceramic and Refractory Minerals Mining and Quarrying
This industry comprises (1) establishments primarily engaged in developing the mine site and/or mining, quarrying, dredging for sand and gravel, or mining clay (e.g., china clay, paper clay and slip clay) or ceramic and refractory minerals and (2) preparation plants primarily engaged in beneficiating (e.g., washing, screening, and grinding) sand and gravel, clay, and ceramic and refractory minerals.
The immediate parent of international industry 21232 is industry group 2123: Nonmetallic Mineral Mining and Quarrying
2022 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Manufacturing ready-mix concrete--are classified in Industry 32732, Ready-Mix Concrete Manufacturing;
- Calcining, dead burning, or otherwise processing (i.e., beyond basic preparation) clay or ceramic and refractory minerals--are classified in Industry 32799, All Other Nonmetallic Mineral Product Manufacturing;
- Shaping, molding, baking, burning, or hardening nonclay ceramics, clay and nonclay refractories, and structural clay products--are classified in Industry 32712, Clay Building Material and Refractories Manufacturing;
- Shaping, molding, glazing, and firing pottery, ceramics, and plumbing fixtures--are classified in Industry 32711, Pottery, Ceramics, and Plumbing Fixture Manufacturing;
- Oil shale mining and/or beneficiating--are classified in Industry 21112, Crude Petroleum Extraction; and
- Construction projects involving water resources (e.g., dredging and land drainage)--are classified in Industry 23799, Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
SIC Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
SIC mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
Insurance Industry Mappings
Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
Insurance industry mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.