international industry 61151
Technical and Trade Schools
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in offering vocational and technical training in a variety of technical subjects and trades. The training often leads to job-specific certification. Instruction may be provided in diverse settings, such as the establishment's or client's training facilities, educational institutions, the workplace, or the home, and through diverse means, such as correspondence, television, the Internet, or other electronic and distance-learning methods. The training provided by these establishments may include the use of simulators and simulation methods.
The immediate parent of international industry 61151 is industry group 6115: Technical and Trade Schools
- Apprenticeship training programs
- Graphic arts schools
- Aviation and flight training schools
- Modeling schools
- Computer repair training
- Nursing schools (except academic)
- Cosmetology schools
- Real estate schools
- Electronic equipment repair training
- Truck driving schools
2017 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Offering courses in office procedures and secretarial and stenographic skills--are classified in Industry 61141, Business and Secretarial Schools;
- Offering computer training (except computer repair)--are classified in Industry 61142, Computer Training;
- Offering professional and management development training--are classified in Industry 61143, Professional and Management Development Training;
- Offering academic courses that may also offer technical and trade courses--are classified according to the type of school;
- Specialty air transportation services that may also provide flight training--are classified in Industry 48121, Nonscheduled Air Transportation; and
- Offering registered nursing training with academic degrees (e.g., associate, baccalaureate)--are classified in Industry 61121, Junior Colleges, or Industry 61131, Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
SIC Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
SIC mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
Insurance Industry Mappings
Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
Insurance industry mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.