national industry 452311
Warehouse Clubs and Supercenters
This U.S. industry comprises establishments known as warehouse clubs, superstores, or supercenters, primarily engaged in retailing a general line of groceries, including a significant amount and variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, dairy products, meats, and other perishable groceries, in combination with a general line of new merchandise, such as apparel, furniture, and appliances.
The immediate parent of national industry 452311 is international industry 45231: General Merchandise Stores, including Warehouse Clubs and Supercenters
2017 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Retailing a general line of merchandise via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale-- are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing a general line of food, known as supermarkets and grocery stores--are classified in Industry 445110, Supermarkets and Other Grocery (except Convenience) Stores;
- Retailing a general line of new merchandise, known as department stores -are classified in Industry 452210, Department Stores;
- Retailing a general line of new merchandise, except department stores, warehouse clubs, superstores, and supercenters--are classified in U.S. Industry 452319, All Other General Merchandise Stores; and
- Retailing used merchandise--are classified in Industry 453310, Used Merchandise Stores.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Mappings are not available for this combination of NAICS code and edition.
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 452311, Warehouse Clubs and Supercenters:
- all other general merchandise store
- general merchandise store
- general merchandise store including warehouse club and supercenter
- mercantile not otherwise classified
- other general merchandise store
- other store with food or drink
- retail store not otherwise classified
- retail trade
- store large open area not otherwise classified 1 000 m2 or more other
- store not otherwise classified food or drink high hazard
- store not otherwise classified food or drink low hazard
- store not otherwise classified food or drink medium hazard
- store retail
- store retail not otherwise classified
- store retail store not otherwise classified including service of food not restaurant
- store retail store not otherwise classified no service of food
- store superstore and warehouse club
- warehouse club and supercenter
What's the difference between HD and SD? See our methodology.