international industry 44314
Electronics and Appliance Stores
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in one of the following: (1) retailing an array of new household-type appliances and consumer-type electronic products, such as televisions, computers, and cameras; (2) specializing in retailing a single line of new consumer-type electronic products; (3) retailing these new products in combination with repair and support services; (4) retailing new prepackaged computer software; and/or (5) retailing prerecorded audio and video media, such as CDs, DVDs, and tapes.
The immediate parent of international industry 44314 is industry group 4431: Electronics and Appliance Stores
- Appliance stores, household-type
- Consumer-type electronic stores (e.g., televisions, computers, cameras)
- Cellular telephone accessories stores
2017 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Retailing new appliance and electronic products via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing new computers, computer peripherals, and prepackaged software in combination with retailing new office equipment, office furniture, and office supplies--are classified in Industry 45321, Office Supplies and Stationery Stores;
- Retailing new sewing machines in combination with selling new sewing supplies, fabrics, patterns, yarns, and other needlework accessories--are classified in Industry 45113, Sewing, Needlework, and Piece Goods Stores;
- Retailing new electronic toys, such as dedicated game consoles and handheld electronic games-- are classified in Industry 45112, Hobby, Toy, and Game Stores;
- Providing television or other electronic equipment repair services without retailing new televisions or electronic equipment--are classified in Industry 81121, Electronic and Precision Equipment Repair and Maintenance;
- Providing household-type appliance repair services without retailing new appliances--are classified in Industry 81141, Home and Garden Equipment and Appliance Repair and Maintenance;
- Developing film and/or making photographic slides, prints, and enlargements without retailing a range of new photographic equipment and supplies--are classified in Industry 81292, Photofinishing;
- Retailing used appliance and electronic products--are classified in Industry 45331, Used Merchandise Stores; and
- Retailing automotive electronic sound systems--are classified in Industry 44131, Automotive Parts and Accessories Stores.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
|2002||44311 44312 44313 45122||-|
|2007||44311 44312 44313 45122||-|
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
SIC Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
SIC mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
Insurance Industry Mappings
Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
Insurance industry mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.