international industry 44122
Motorcycle, Boat, and Other Motor Vehicle Dealers
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing new and used motorcycles, boats, and other vehicles (except automobiles, light trucks, and recreational vehicles), or retailing these new vehicles in combination with activities, such as repair services and selling replacement parts and accessories.
The immediate parent of international industry 44122 is industry group 4412: Other Motor Vehicle Dealers
- Aircraft dealers
- Utility trailer dealers
- Motorcycle dealers
- Boat dealers, new and used
- All-terrain vehicle (ATV) dealers
2017 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Retailing new nonmotorized bicycles, surfboards, or wind sailboards--are classified in Industry 45111, Sporting Goods Stores;
- Retailing used nonmotorized bicycles, surfboards, or wind sailboards--are classified in Industry 45331, Used Merchandise Stores;
- Retailing new or used automobiles and light trucks--are classified in Industry Group 4411, Automobile Dealers;
- Retailing new or used recreational vehicles, such as travel trailers--are classified in Industry 44121, Recreational Vehicle Dealers;
- Providing repair services for vehicles without retailing new vehicles--are classified in the appropriate industry for the repair services; and
- Retailing fuel and marine supplies at a marina--are classified in Industry 71393, Marinas.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
SIC Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
SIC mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
Insurance Industry Mappings
Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
Insurance industry mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
What's the difference between HD and SD? See our methodology.