national industry 212392
Phosphate Rock Mining
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in developing the mine site, mining, milling, and/or drying or otherwise beneficiating (i.e., preparing) phosphate rock.
The immediate parent of national industry 212392 is international industry 21239: Other Nonmetallic Mineral Mining and Quarrying
2017 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing phosphoric acid, superphosphates, or other phosphatic fertilizer materials are classified in U.S. Industry 325312, Phosphatic Fertilizer Manufacturing.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 212392, Phosphate Rock Mining:
- mining except oil and gas
- mining not otherwise classified
- mining not otherwise classified not coal surface phosphate rock mining
- mining not otherwise classified not coal underground phosphate rock mining
- mining quarrying and oil and gas extraction
- nonmetallic mineral mining and quarrying
- other nonmetallic mineral mining and quarrying
- phosphate rock
- phosphate rock mining
- quarrying underground mining