national industry 524130
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in assuming all or part of the risk associated with existing insurance policies originally underwritten by other insurance carriers.
The immediate parent of national industry 524130 is international industry 52413: Reinsurance Carriers
2012 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Establishments primarily engaged in:
- Initially underwriting annuities and life insurance policies, disability income insurance policies, accidental death and dismemberment insurance policies, and health and medical insurance policies:are classified in Industry 52411, Direct Life, Health, and Medical Insurance Carriers; and
- Initially underwriting various types of insurance policies (except life, disability income, accidental death and dismemberment, and health and medical insurance policies):are classified in Industry 52412, Direct Insurance (except Life, Health, and Medical) Carriers.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 524130, Reinsurance Carriers:
- accident and health insurance
- finance and insurance
- fire marine and casualty insurance
- hospital and medical service plan
- insurance carrier
- insurance carrier and related activity
- insurance co
- insurance co life
- insurance co property and casualty
- insurance company
- life insurance
- reinsurance carrier
- reinsurance carrier naic
What's the difference between HD and SD? See our methodology.