national industry 523910
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in acting as principals (except investment bankers, securities dealers, and commodity contracts dealers) in buying or selling of financial contracts generally on a spread basis. Principals are investors that buy or sell for their own account.
The immediate parent of national industry 523910 is international industry 52391: Miscellaneous Intermediation
- Investment clubs
- Tax liens dealing (i.e., acting as a principal in dealing tax liens to investors)
- Mineral royalties or leases dealing (i.e., acting as a principal in dealing royalties or leases to investors) Venture capital companies
2012 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Establishments primarily engaged in investment banking, securities dealing, securities brokering, commodity contracts dealing, or commodity contracts brokering are classified in Industry Group 5231, Securities and Commodity Contracts Intermediation and Brokerage.
- 523910 - Individuals investing in financial contracts on own account
- 523910 - Investment clubs
- 523910 - Mineral royalties or leases dealing (i.e., acting as a principal in dealing royalties or leases to investors)
- 523910 - Oil royalty dealing (i.e., acting as a principal in dealing royalties to investors)
- 523910 - Tax liens dealing (i.e., acting as a principal in dealing tax liens to investors)
- 523910 - Venture capital companies
- 523910 - Viatical settlement companies
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 523910, Miscellaneous Intermediation:
- club not otherwise classified
- consultant structured settlement
- finance and insurance
- intermediation misc
- intermediation misc naic
- investor nec
- investor not otherwise classified
- miscellaneous intermediation
- oil or gas well non operating working interest
- oil or gas well nonoperating working interest
- other financial investment activity
- security broker dealer and flotation company
- security commodity contract and other financial investment and related activity
What's the difference between HD and SD? See our methodology.