international industry 33211
Forging and Stamping
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in one or more of the following: (1) manufacturing forgings from purchased metals; (2) manufacturing metal custom roll forming products; (3) manufacturing metal stamped and spun products (except automotive, cans, coins); and (4) manufacturing powder metallurgy products. Establishments making metal forgings, metal stampings, and metal spun products and further manufacturing (e.g.,
machining, assembling) a specific manufactured product are classified in the industry of the finished product. Metal forging, metal stamping, and metal spun products establishments may perform surface finishing operations, such as cleaning and deburring, on the products they manufacture.
The immediate parent of international industry 33211 is industry group 3321: Forging and Stamping
2012 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Establishments primarily engaged in:
- Manufacturing metal forgings in integrated primary metal establishments:are classified in Subsector 331, Primary Metal Manufacturing;
- Stamping automotive stampings:are classified in Industry 33637, Motor Vehicle Metal Stamping;
- Manufacturing and installing rolled formed seamless gutters at construction sites:are classified in Industry 23839, Other Building Finishing Contractors; and
- Stamping coins:are classified in Industry 33991, Jewelry and Silverware Manufacturing.
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
SIC Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
SIC mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
Insurance Industry Mappings
Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
Insurance industry mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.