national industry 327211
Flat Glass Manufacturing
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in (1) manufacturing flat glass by melting silica sand or cullet or (2) manufacturing both flat glass and laminated glass by melting silica sand or cullet.
The immediate parent of national industry 327211 is international industry 32721: Glass and Glass Product Manufacturing
2012 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing laminated glass from purchased flat glass are classified in U.S. Industry 327215, Glass Product Manufacturing Made of Purchased Glass.
- 327211 - Flat glass (e.g., float, plate) manufacturing
- 327211 - Glass, plate, made in glass making plants
- 327211 - Insulating glass, sealed units, made in glass making plants
- 327211 - Laminated glass made in glass making plants
- 327211 - Stained glass and stained glass products made in glass making plants
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
Insurance Industry Mappings
The US Property and Casualty Insurance Industry may use the following classification descriptions which might encompass national industry 327211, Flat Glass Manufacturing:
- flat glass
- flat glass manufacturing
- glass and glass product manufacturing
- glass manufacturing
- glass or glassware manufacturing
- nonmetallic mineral product manufacturing
- stained glass window manufacturing