international industry 22111
Electric Power Generation
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating electric power generation facilities. These facilities convert other forms of energy, such as water power (i.e., hydroelectric), fossil fuels, nuclear power, and solar power, into electrical energy. The establishments in this industry produce electric energy and provide electricity to transmission systems or to electric power distribution systems.
The immediate parent of international industry 22111 is industry group 2211: Electric Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution
2012 NAICS Edition Cross References
- Establishments primarily engaged in operating trash incinerators that also generate electricity are classified in Industry 56221, Waste Treatment and Disposal.
- 221111 - Hydroelectric Power Generation
- 221112 - Fossil Fuel Electric Power Generation
- 221113 - Nuclear Electric Power Generation
- 221114 - Solar Electric Power Generation
- 221115 - Wind Electric Power Generation
- 221116 - Geothermal Electric Power Generation
- 221117 - Biomass Electric Power Generation
- 221118 - Other Electric Power Generation
The NAICS editions in which this code was present are indicated below. In the event that a code was changed from the prior edition the equivalent value in that edition is provided for reference.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Mappings
SIC Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
SIC mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.
Insurance Industry Mappings
Mappings are not available at the international industry level, a more specific code is required.
Insurance industry mappings are available for 6 digit national industry codes and their sub-descriptions only. For detailed mappings choose the most appropriate six-digit code from the list of descendants.